One of the world’s leading trade fairs for lighting and building services, Light + Building hosts technology innovators from around the globe, facilitating the promotion of intelligent and networked solutions, future-oriented technologies, and current design trends.
Just days into this year’s show, Bluetooth technology has emerged as a major player and a key enabling innovation in integrating lighting and networked building services to fully exploit energy-savings potential in smart buildings. This year at Light + Building, attendees had an opportunity to get a first-hand look at how Bluetooth® technology is powering smart lighting and smart building services with many new Bluetooth mesh products recently released on the market.
“Bluetooth has emerged as…a key enabling technology in integrating lighting and networked building services.”
Light + Building is Blue
For those unable to make the trip out to Frankfurt, here are a few highlights from the show.
- Fulham partnered with Silvair to demonstrate Bluetooth mesh technology for LED lighting controls. Attendees were able to see Fulham’s demonstration of Bluetooth mesh lighting controllers and software for smart luminaries that incorporates Silvair’s wireless lighting control technology. Read more.
- Stephen Zhou from McWong International explains the importance of Bluetooth mesh in smart lighting. Zhou sat down with EdisonReport to discuss how McWong International sensors, embedded with Bluetooth mesh technology, can create comprehensive smart lighting networks. Watch the video.
- Delta showcased integrated building automation with an IoT-concept lighting solution capable of supporting a Bluetooth mesh network. This lighting solution allows users to fully convert conventional lighting scenarios into ready-to-use lighting options for office, commercial, industrial, and street lighting. Read more.
- Xicato gave attendees a first-hand look at how it uses Bluetooth mesh to light the Presidential Portrait Gallery in the Smithsonian. Xicato uses a compact, Intelligent Driver (XID) to deliver smooth DC, flicker-free dimming. Read more.
- EnOcean demonstrated maintenance-free lighting control solutions for Bluetooth lighting systems. EnOcean self-powered Easyfit wall switches for Bluetooth lighting systems enable the development of maintenance-free, ready-to-use LED lighting applications based on energy harvesting technology. Read more.
- Doug Paton of Casambi Technologies on how mobile technologies enhance lighting control integration. Paton explains how Casambi Technologies’ lighting controls, supported by Bluetooth mesh, are empowering fixture manufacturers and end users around the world. Watch the video
- Zaniboni Lighting showcased a brand new a Bluetooth mesh platform, BubblyNet. Zaniboni Lighting offered attendees a first look at this new Bluetooth mesh platform, which can be used on standard line voltage architectures and distributed low-voltage power systems (DLVP).
Download Bluetooth Mesh Networking: Paving the Way for Smart Lighting discover why everyone is building with blue.
Bluetooth Mesh Networking: Paving the Way for Smart Lighting
Bluetooth mesh networking brings the multi-vendor interoperability, low power, and low latency pedigree of Bluetooth Low Energy to the world of commercial lighting. Discover how this innovative technology can turn wireless connectivity into a smart lighting wireless platform.