Upgrade your products with the latest Bluetooth specification
The Qualification Upgrade Program (QUP) is a new program that helps members upgrade their eligible, existing qualification to the latest version of the Bluetooth specification. The program is currently available for Bluetooth Core Specification upgrades only. (The program may support Profile, Protocol, Service, or Model specifications in the future.) Members and existing qualifications are eligible to upgrade, and no fee is required, if the following criteria are met:
- You must be a Bluetooth SIG member in good standing
- The changes to the existing qualification (2.0 version or later and submitted on or after 1 February 2007) are only to implement the current requirements of the latest specification
- No features are added or removed
- Any tests that have been changed or added are completed
- The existing qualification has not previously been upgraded
- If the existing qualification integrates or references any QDIDs, those QDIDs must implement the latest version of the specification
- The test plan submitted in the existing qualification was completed and no test evidence is missing.
Please note that once the existing qualification is upgraded through the QUP you may not reference or integrate the existing qualification in any new qualifications or add new products to the existing qualification. If you want to retain the ability to reference or integrate or add new products to the existing qualification, do not upgrade your existing qualification through the QUP. Instead, qualify your product through the standard Bluetooth qualification process.
You can read more about the eligibility criteria and how to upgrade your existing qualification to the latest version of the Bluetooth Core Specification here.